During my recent trip to Toronto (Ontario, Canada) I could not avoid to organize a day trip to the famous and majestic Niagara Falls! It has been my first trip ever to Canada, so I wasn’t aware of the distance from Toronto to the falls. When I realized it would be doable on a day trip, I decided to plan it.
A DAY TRIP TO THE NIAGARA FALLS FROM TORONTO WITH “QUEEN TOUR“
I am delighted to share with you my lovely experience with Queen Tour (www.tourstoniagarafalls.com):
Daily small-group tours of Niagara Falls from Toronto, Mississauga and Pearson Airport. This is the only tour that departs early in the morning, so you can avoid sitting in traffic. Arrive early in Niagara Falls before the huge crowds and return to Toronto early to enjoy an entire evening in the city. This is the only tour that includes a stop at Niagara-on-the-Lake, in the village center. We are a proud partner of Tourism Toronto, the Niagara Falls Tourism Association and Destination Ontario.
When I contacted the “Queen Tour” staff, they promptly replied to me and gave me all precise info and instructions. On the day of the tour, I got picked up near my hotel (I was staying at the Ritz-Carlton Hotel in Toronto city center). This organization in fact provides you with a dedicated guide/driver that will be with you the entire day. In each small group there are about 15-20 people.
The day trip includes:
- Early pick up around 7/7:30 am from Downtown Toronto and Mississauga so you can avoid traffic and crowds
- Travel with a licensed tour guide and learn the history of Niagara Falls
- Enjoy free time to explore Niagara Falls and participate in optional activities like the Hornblower boat ride, Journey Behind the Falls or the Skylon Tower
- This is the only tour that stops at “Canada’s Prettiest Town” Niagara-on-the-Lake in the village center
- Drive across the scenic Niagara Parkway and view seasonal attractions along the way like the Niagara Whirlpool Rapids
- Niagara Falls is known for wine – try the local icewine with complimentary wine tasting
- Return to Toronto around 4:30-5:30 pm
When I arrived at the Niagara Falls (November) it was very cold and humid. If you travel in winter I would recommend to wear very warm clothes. In every season would be good to have a rain-coat if you decide to take a boat to see the falls up close! 🙂
When I arrived at the Niagara Falls, I could not believe that people can actually see the water from above so close! It was really overwhelming and beautiful! Unfortunately the weather was not the best, but the experience is worth regardless the climate conditions! 🙂
Once there, you have several hours to explore the falls, and you can decide to do several extra-activities like:
- Hornblower boat ride (Skip the line and pay your tour guide in cash – they will buy the boat tickets for you at the ticket box, with the funicular ride included for free. You can also purchase your own tickets with credit card at the ticket box.)
- Skylon Tower (buy at the ticket box in Niagara Falls)
- Journey Behind the Falls (buy at the ticket box in Niagara Falls)
- Helicopter 10 minutes ride above the falls (tell your tour guide when they pick you up)
- Lunch: Your tour guide will ask if you want to pre-order sandwiches for lunch at Niagara-on-the-Lake, ready for pick up, during your tour. *Other lunch options are also available at the village, that the group visits after the falls >> I would highly recommend to eat at the village and not near the falls!
VISITING NIAGARA FALLS CITY
“Niagara Falls” is also the name of the city nearby the actual falls. Interesting fact, I wasn’t aware of it! This small city looks like a village, with small pretty houses, everything clean and cozy, several shops and cafes. I’d like to remind you that this is the only tour that stops at “Canada’s Prettiest Town” Niagara-on-the-Lake in the village center!
During my walk around Niagara Falls City, I could not believe my eyes: I found an Italian ice-cream shop (gelateria) called “IL GELATO DI CARLOTTA”! It was so random and brilliant at the same time! of course I got in and I had some delicious gelato and a delightful espresso! 😉
This cute town is worth to visit and explore, it has great vibes!
CANADIAN ICEWINE TASTING
After exploring the falls and the city, we drove to the wine lands, where we had an interesting tasting of the popular ICE WINE from the region. Very cool experience as well! If you like any of the wines, you would be also available to purchase them at the pretty wine-store.
DRIVING AROUND NIAGARA FALLS BEAUTIFUL SURROUNDINGS
Before heading back to Toronto, our guide/driver brought us to see the beautiful surroundings. Despite the cold, I was astonished by the beauty of the autumn colors! So amazing!
Our guide has been extra kind, attentive, funny and pleasant the entire day!
I would highly recommend to contact “Queen Tour” when you need to plan a day trip from Toronto to the Niagara Falls!
And you… Are you lusting for the sublime?